Europe and America will send 14 troupes, Asia 11, and the rest will come from other continents, said representatives of the Hue Festival Centre.
France remains the traditional and special partner at this year’s festival, which will send Smooth band (hiphop , funk and jazz), Carabosse troupe from Poitou Charentes region, street band Jazz Combo Box, and artist Francois Audrain to the event.
Two Russian art troupes will take part in the festival, the Piatnisky Song and Dance Ensemble, specialising in Russian folk music, and the Raduga dancing group.
The UK, Belgium, Argentina, Cuba, Mexico, Australia, Poland, Japan and the Republic of Korea are expected to give impressive performances at the festival, said organisers.
More than 300 media workers have registered to cover the event. There will be 17 official information sponsors, including Vietnam Television (VTV), Voice of Vietnam (VOV), and Vietnam News Agency (VNA).
This year’s festival will take place from April 7-15 to mark the National Tourism Year in the North-Central Midland region.
- Australian TV makes film on Hoi An tourism
- Pedicabs in Hanoi old quarter Pedicabs in Hanoi old quarter
- Xoan singing promoted as a draw to tourists
- Old Tet newspapers feature in display
- Halong Bay cave joins world’s top 10 sites
- Hue architecture gets 3D look
- Multilingual website developed for National Tourism Year
- Kiteboard Tour Asia ends in Binh Thuan